Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The coffee saga continues

After a bitter cup of coffee tonight, I decided that it was finally time to take the plunge and go for a better grinder. You see, the coffee that I was drinking had been ground to a fine grind...basically an espresso grind. It was very bitter from the over-extraction.

I placed my order tonight. The grinder (Solis Maestro Conical Burr Grinder) is my dream rig, I've been looking at it for a little over a year now. I almost talking Andria into getting me a Starbucks Barista Grinder (almost the same as the Solis..but different...vague, I know) around Christmas, but it didn't work out. With my birthday just past I decided to buy myself a present (Thanks Grandma/Grandpa!).

As an added bonus to myself -- like the grinder wasn't good enough -- I also sprung for a pretty cool coffee maker (Bodum Kona). It's just fun to watch it make me coffee and the coarse ground required should be easy enough with the new grinder.

Now I just have to wait for the next days till it arrives (14th Mar)...

Fingers Crossed !

No comments: